Have you lost the instructions? Here is some simple information to help you with the Tax Free process:
PABLO electronic tax exemption using touch-screen machines
You have just made a tax-free purchase and the retail export form given to you at the time features a barcode and the PABLO logo. If you are leaving the European Union from France, you can electronically sign the form yourself using the touch-screen machines, before checking in your baggage
- From airports, ports and border points: (In other cases, you can sign the form at the customs desk at the border in international airports and main cruise terminals.)
- You should scan the form’s barcode at a machine equipped with a reader, situated close to the customs desk.
- The message that appears on the screen is equivalent to a customs stamp:
- The message “OK Borderau validé” (OK form approved) confirms the goods exportation operation in the same way as a customs stamp does. The clearance of operations is sent to us daily via the Internet.
- On the other hand, if the machine’s screen displays the message “Bordereau non validé” (Form not approved), you should report to the customs desk with the goods concerned.
For a manual signature, in the absence of a PABLO machine:
Customs will return the tax-exemption form to you with the customs stamp that you will have to send to Simply Tax Free.
Caution.In the event of a customs check during the signing of the forms (manually or electronically), the goods must be presented to the officials. Refusal to present the goods is sanctioned by the cancellation of the form and potentially a fine.
You should confirm your tax-exemption form before the end of the third month following the month of purchase
If you are travelling on an international train
You should get the tax-exemption form officially stamped by the customs service during the journey or at a border station (when leaving the European Union).
If you are travelling on a ship or in an international road vehicle
You should get the tax-exemption form officially stamped by the customs service from the last port or the exit point from the European Union.
If you are leaving the European Union from a member state other than France
After the check, the customs service of this member state will return your document officially stamped. You should send us the original stamped document to the following address: SIMPLY TAX FREE – BP 31 – 44360 SAINT-ETIENNE-DE-MONTLUC – FRANCE
Caution: Simply tax Free must receive this document, stamped by customs, within six months of the original sale.